While the Rutgers men’s basketball team’s 2019-20 season was cut short due to the coronavirus – with the Big Ten and NCAA Tournaments being cancelled in early March, Scarlet Knight fans and WRSU listeners can go back and relive the amazing season from now through April.
WRSU Sports presents “Dancing In The Dark,” a Rutgers basketball retrospective. Now through May 7, every Monday through Thursday at 6 pm, we’ll recap a key game from the 2019-20 season. The show will air during the normal “WRSU Crew” time slot, with the station on indefinite hiatus due to the university’s coronavirus-related status. An encore of one of the week’s episodes will air during the Friday 4-6 “WRSU Crew” time slot.
One full week after their airing, each episode will be available on the “WRSU Crew” page on Spotify, which you can find here.
Here’s the schedule for first-run episodes of the “Dancing In The Dark” series:
- Week of April 6: Seton Hall, at Nebraska, Penn State, at Illinois
- Week of April 13: Indiana, Minnesota, at Iowa, Nebraska
- Week of April 20: Purdue, Michigan (at MSG), at Maryland, Northwestern
- Week of April 27: at Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan at Wisconsin
- Week of May 4: at Penn State, Maryland, at Purdue, Big Ten Tournament Pregame and season recap
Look out for soon-to-be-announced dates of other special rebroadcasts of WRSU Sports events from the past during April and May, including:
- Men’s Basketball vs SW Louisiana in the 1983 NCAA Tournament, RU’s last NCAA Tournament win
- Women’s Basketball vs Georgia in the 2000 NCAA Tournament West Regional, clinching RU’s first-ever berth in the Final Four (20th anniversary)
- Baseball vs Seton Hall in the 2000 Big East Tournament Championship Game at Somerset Ballpark (20th anniversary)